Monday, November 8, 2010

Braised Red Cabbage with Cider & Apples



I finally got around to making my foodie friend's recipe for this Braised Red Cabbage with Cider & Apples posted on her blog. She has the most amazing blog, called Angie's Recipes.Every kind of dish, weather it's comfort food, ethnic, or some fabulous dessert, you will want to stay, and explore the rest of her blog. Just when you thought you found the best recipe, there' a lot more to find....so be patient, because she has no less than about 65 comments, and more a day. But you know what?...she will respond back to you. She is totally laid back, and super nice.

Thank you Angie, like I mentioned, I even have the same lead crystal glass dish...unfortunately, I just didn't want to empty all those wonderful shells that I collected on the beach, here in Palm Beach, Florida. By the way, the glass dish was purchased at Goodwill last year, for $2.99, again, another great thrift find, and a wonderful recipe. If you want this recipe, you have to click over to Angie's blog!

Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

HGourmet Foodie said...

Very colorful...This would make a great side dish...

Karen said...

Wow! That is such an amazing color! What a great dish. Checked out the recipe and it sounds yummy.

Kimberly Peterson said...

Love the color and I bet the texture was amazing too!

Brenda said...

I don't think I've ever seen a more gorgeous colour on anything edible, lol. Wow!! It almost looks too pretty to eat. My daughter would go nuts for this recipe, she buys it in a jar all the time. Imagine how much better homemade would be. Thank you so much for sharing this with Cookbook Sundays.

Priya said...

Wat a catchy and fabulous looking braised cabbages..

Kay Heritage said...

What beautiful color!! Great looking recipe, too.

Angie's Recipes said...

Elisabeth, thank you so much for the shout-out. :-))
And I am so glad that you like this simple cabbage recipe.
Angie

Elisabeth said...

Angie-The ginger and the cider really perked up the flavor, and the spice. We love red cabbage as a side dish, so easy to make, and so pretty. Your Sourdough bread with the caramelized onion, is to "die for"!

aipi said...

Hi Elisabeth..
Its always good to see a fellow blogger recreate a dish and you did it perfectly..it looks picture perfect!

US Masala

Indie.Tea said...

What a beautiful dish! A great way to bring color to your color in cooler months. And it sounds pretty healthy too:)

Monet said...

What a vibrant hue! This dish looks amazing, and I bet it tastes pretty great too! I love Angie, and I love you! Both such great blogs. Have a wonderful Wednesday full of laughter and love!

Sabby said...

Lovely color and looks quick and yum...

alemap said...

Looks beautiful and healthy. Thank you so much for being my first follower. I was so excited to see your picture. Thank you again, and how beautiful your sunrise is. I can't wait to try your recipes. Pam