Friday, November 30, 2012

Nutella and Banana Panini

This may seem like a strange post, but this morning I was craving something sweet, ans why not  make something 'comforting' fun, and sinfully delicious without a lot of calories. I love Nutella, just like everyone else, but hardly ever use it to make a dessert... even though I have the jar sitting in my cupboard, next to the jar of peanut butter. I also had a whole Challah bread in my freezer, I had it sitting there for over one month. Such a perfect grilled panini with Nutella, and the banana pairing!
I must warn you, this Nutella Panini is not elegant...there's no other way to present it to make it look fancy; it's 'what you see is what you get' kind of a droolworthy awesome grilled sweet sandwich, made exclusively in a Panini Grill that is only for grilled sandwiches. I only ate one small portion, and wrapped up the rest to take over to my little grandson as a great snack when he came out of kindergarten. My daughter also enjoyed it as well!
Notice the perfect grill marks?... can't get better than that!

I'm sure, there must be an actual recipe out there, by I got my inspiration from one of my other favorite sandwich, which is the peanut butter banana sandwich, which I'm sure will taste as yummy, as a grilled panini.


 Nutella and Banana Panini
 recipe by; Elisabeth

Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread
1 or 2 ripe bananas, sliced
4 (1-inch thick) slices of Challah bread
or white sandwich bread






Spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on one side of each slice of bread. If you're using a small, or med. banana, you can fill the entire bread slice with the banana slices.Top with the remaining bread slice, spread side down.










Preheat your panini grill, on med. high. This is a 'thrift find' panini grill, which I purchased about a year ago, for $9.99...a real bargain, and it works great!












 Place the panini (sandwich) on the hot grid, close the lid down and grill for about 5 or 6 minutes.














 When you see the grill marks appear, your sandwich is done.








While it's still warm, with a serrated knife, cut into half, or thirds...just watch it disappear... Yumm













 Some pre-Christmas visit at Macy's with my grandchildren!

 Last Saturday, at Macy's at City Place, in West Palm Beach...letter to Santa Claus!
Beautiful Christmas tree, at Macy's
I just had to snap this photo...so cool, so Christmasy...this car parked in front of Publix supermarket, after we left Macy's and stopped to buy a few items, at the supermarket. Imagine, the person cramming the Christmas tree into the car...also leaving the windows down and totally leaving down, and all open.
When we came out of the supermarket after 30 minutes, the car with the Christmas tree inside was still parked...isn't this a cute car?...a brand new FIAT! (not mine, of course)...wouldn't mind to own this little beauty:)








Enhanced by Zemanta

33 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Awesome panini! Banana and nutella..ain't they the best for the breakfast!
Wish you a fantastic weekend!
Angie

Jane of The Jewels said...

What a fabulous pairing!! I lived on peanut butter and banana sandwiches as a kid and I guess this is the grown-up version :) I'd really love to shop at Macy's during the Christmas season, but we don't have it here in Canada - yet!

Fuat Gencal said...

Merhabalar, ne kadar güzel ve leziz görünüyor. Ellerinize, emeğinize sağlık.

Saygılar.

claudia lamascolo said...

my son tried to convience me to get that car lol it was so small I was clausterphobic, its cute though for sure, I ended up with that same color. Well how perfect to show and Italian car with that ITalian sandwich.. you are so clever my dear. What a great post. Hope your feeling great for the Holidays enjoy your beautiful family! Ihope Retail doesnt decided to be open on Christmas day... talking about 9pm on the eve :( my fish night! take care hugs!

hankka said...

Finom lehet, nagyfiam biztosan értékelné, Nutella-rajongó! :) Aranyos a Fiat, olyan kis női autó, elfogadnám én is szívesen! :)

DEZMOND said...

Positively sinful, my dear, positively sinful, we love it :)
And that cute Fiat is produced in my country :)
Why are people talking Hungarian and Turkish in your comments? :)

Sissi said...

Elisabeth, how have you got such a creative idea? Your panini look luscious and so original! I love them and am not surprised your daughter and grandson loved them too.
You are right: the car looks very cute indeed!

Swathi Iyer said...

Banana and nutella are awesome combo. Love this panni. Yes that car is really christmasy. Cute. Hope you are feeling better now.

Priya said...

Panini looks absolutely divine, drooling here.

Zsuzsa said...

lovely gooey deliciousness

Paula said...

Challah makes the best paninis! This nutella and banana one is right up my breakfast alley:)

So nice that you went Christmas shopping with your grandkids and that they sat and wrote letters to Santa.

The fiat is a cute car and the interior seating matching the Christmas tree perfectly :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

I couldn't think of a better word than "WOW" for your panini Elisabeth. Iam drooling here for the banana and nutella filling. Looks like you are preparing for Christmas and how wonderful that you go shopping with your grandkids. I remember when my son Nick was a kid, he too sit and write letters to Santa every year and most of the time Santa granted his wishes. LOL!

Shabs said...

Yum ...yummmmmm it looks sooooo good , Nutella and banana is a delish combo , good one Elisabeth :) .

Phong Hong said...

Elisabeth, I have an unopened bottle of nutella in the kitchen. Now I know what to do with it, I'm a first time nutella user and I hear it is addictive :) Danger, danger!

The Café Sucré Farine said...

I love paninis but would never have thought of this combination, wow, very yummy with all that warm, melting Nutella, mmm, mmm, mmm!

Illéskrisz Konyhája said...

Nagyon jó ez a sütő, hogy ilyen csíkos lesz a kényér tőle... Ami meg benne sült, hát az maga a kényeztetés. A fiamnak biztos bejönne. Egyszer sütök neki reggelire... Guszta!

Elisabeth said...

Thank you for following my blog, and commenting! Will follow back.
Yes, I know about the Fiat produced in Italy...I'm sure everyone is familiar with Fiat. A great little car, indeed!

The answer to your question..."Why are people talking Hungarian and Turkish in (my comments?)...well, it's because their blog is from Hungary and Turkey! I do understand and speak Hungarian and respond back, but not Turkish. I welcome any language around the globe...and have my trusty TRANSLATE to figure their language out!

marisz57 said...

A nutellás banános reggelidet szívesen megkóstolnám én is!
Aranyos, ahogy a gyerekek levelet írnak a mikulásnak.
A kis piros Fiat gyönyörű, új, csillogó!Szívesen elfogadnám én is, ezzel könnyű parkolni.

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today said...

it looks great! I love Nutella in the morning and in general :)

Patty said...

It's breakfast and dessert!

Love the car and tree!

What fun!

Chic & Gorgeous Treats said...

What a great breakfast treat. Banana and nutella is a perfect combo and they are heavenly together. Love the outing photos. It's been awhile I went out. Had be sticking my nose under a pile of cookbooks. LOL.. Hope all is well and my prayers to you and wishing you a speedy recovery after your surgery. Hugs, Jo

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

Even me, not a big sweet eater, would have one of those Nutella panini! Brilliant, Elisabeth! I love that little red Fiat, cute and does speaks Christmas!
I hope everything is going well with your eyes...

Lizzy Do said...

YUM! I think just a few bites of this delightful sandwich would cure my sweet tooth! Thinking of you today, my friend! Check in when you can. xo

Lisa said...

OMG..I cannot believe the owner of that adorable Fiat left the windows open..just daring someone to steal it! Crazy holiday shopper disease is what leads to these blunders..IMHO!! That said..I'm in lust with your nutella banana panini. I just so happen to have a jar of Nutella..bananas and bread. I do not own a panini maker. However - I DO have a pan..butter and a heavy cast-iron brick. This could get ugly..in a very beautiful way xoxo

Kathy said...

Such a fun post, Elizabeth! Love the nutella and banana panini…they look great! I too, am thinking of you…hope all is well, my friend!

lena said...

hi elisabeth, i love seeing those grill marks on the bread but i dont own a panini maker. They make the sandwiches look more beautiful and inviting! as for nutella and banana, i'm sure everyone just cant get enough of that! i know you must be very busy doing your christmas shopping, happy shopping!

Juliana said...

Love the idea of Nutella and bananas in the panini...very tempting. The pictures of the Christmas tree in the car is super cute indeed.
Have a great week Elisabeth :)

Amelia said...

Hi Elisabeth, your nutella with banana in panini look so delicious and tempting. High time I must take out my panini maker which is collecting dust in the cabinet. LOL

Thanks for sharing the shopping picture, look excellent.

P/S. Re..your eyes operation, hope everything goes well. You are in my thought. God Blessed you and wish you speedy recovery. With lots of love and hugs to you. Take care, my dear.

Parsley Sage said...

Hey man, delicious is delicious regardless of how 'unsexy' the dish may have turned out. Personally, I think a messy nutella breakfast is simply gorgeous!

wanna said...

A banán és a csoki szerintem is szuper párosítás!

rita cooks italian said...

I L O V E your panini with Nutella! I cannot buy Nutella, because I cannot stop eating it. If I know that the jar is in my cupboard I keep eating it!! I should buy one portion of Nutella and make these delicious panini oh and challah bread. YUMMY

Elisabeth said...

Hi Everyone, I'm finally back, and in my own place...eye surgery was successful! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments, and your kind and caring thoughts! xoxo

DEZMOND said...

not Italy, but Serbia :) New Fiat is made in Serbia :)
I'm from Vojvodina, so I speak Hungarian too :) And I know lots from Turkish too since we've been under their invasion for 500 years back in the past.